Nomination Process (Online) and Award Descriptions
Award Nomination Process (Online)
Please view this brief video explaining the online nomination process 5 Steps to an Effective Award Nomination.
PAS Lifetime Achievement Award
- Presented annually to a pharmacist who has demonstrated leadership and advancement to the profession of pharmacy Terms of Reference
PAS Pharmacist of the Year
- Recognizes a pharmacist who performs outstanding service and patient care within the profession of pharmacy.Terms of Reference
PAS/Pharmasave Professional Services Award
- Presented to a community pharmacy that demonstrates leadership in implementing, promoting and providing professional pharmacy services to patients within the pharmacy or in the community. Terms of Reference
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare Bowl of Hygeia Award
- Presented annually to a pharmacist in each province in Canada and each of the United States to recognize outstanding service in the community.Terms of Reference
PAS New Horizon Award
- Recognizes a pharmacist who has convocated in the past 5 years and has demonstrated impact and commitment to the pharmacy profession. Terms of Reference
PAS Award of Merit
- Recognizes pharmacists, individuals or organizations, who through their active participation have promoted the profession of pharmacy in Saskatchewan. Terms of Reference
Frequently asked questions
How can I submit my nomination?
You are welcome to submit a nomination online using our nomination form.
Can I nominate myself?
Can I nominate more than one person?
Yes. You can nominate as many individuals as you would like. You must submit a nomination package for each individual nominee.
- Can I nominate a past nominee?
- We encourage you to resubmit previous nominees who have not won an award yet. Someone who may not have won in previous years might be eligible to win this year.
What is considered a supporting evidence?
The online submission asks specific questions and for specific supporting evidence for each award. There is also the opportunity to provide optional supporting evidence including letters or documents that illustrate why an individual deserves an award, for example:
- Letter of support from a health-care professional (such as a fellow pharmacist, physician or nurse).
- Letter of support from a patient.
- Letter of support from nominator.
- Published documentation of achievement (such as a community paper or medical journal).
- Who do I contact if I have questions?
- If you have questions regarding the awards or nomination process, please contact Donna Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Update on the EpiPen® Shortage
On July 30, Health Canada issued an Information Update, indicating that the supply of EpiPen® in the 0.3 mg format is expected to be very limited at pharmacies during the month of August. This means that while some pharmacies may currently have some invenMore
2018-2019 Seasonal Influenza Immunization Program Participation
The Drug Plan and Extended Benefits Branch (DPEBB) is registering pharmacies that plan to participate in the Province’s 2018-2019 Seasonal Influenza Immunization Program (the Program).More
PAS Pharmacist Leader Opportunity
PAS has a temporary opportunity for the role of Director of Professional Practice with the Association for up to 12 months.More
Disability Tax Credit
There is a disability tax credit offered to those with ostomyMore