PAS is the professional advocacy body that represents and protects the interests of all Saskatchewan pharmacists. PAS provides members with a wide range of professional and personal benefits. Pharmacists' role and value within the healthcare team is promoted through the united voice that PAS gives all Saskatchewan pharmacists.
Belonging to PAS is important because….
PAS is your professional advocacy body, protecting the interests of pharmacists in Saskatchewan. PAS aspires to become the united voice for all pharmacists in Saskatchewan, and pledges to provide members with exceptional service including provision of the appropriate level of malpractice insurance based on defined and expanding roles in pharmacy; negotiation of contracts and fair payment for the services pharmacists provide; direct to pharmacist and/or family member counseling services; and timely answers to member questions and issues.
As a member, you will enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- $2,000,000 Professional Liability Malpractice Insurance (optional additional liability available).
- Access to other quality insurance products including Life, Long-term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental and Extended Health Benefits Insurance, Auto as well as Homeowner and Commercial Store Insurance.
- Direct to pharmacist and/or family Members Assistance Program (Counselling) which provides five hours or $500.00, whichever comes first, of free confidential private counseling.
- Communication of vital issues through the PAS It On Bulletin.
- Membership meetings with relevant agendas on pertinent topics.
- Reduced rates on conferences and professional development sessions.
- One-on-one assistance and advice from staff on professional and financial issues
- Involvement in the evolution of your profession.
- Access to the Members' Only Area content
- Professional Practice Development and Support
- Reduced advertising rates for website
Once logged in, members have access to all content of the PAS website (which is otherwise inaccessible) for relevant and comprehensive practice support and assistance.
Also, PAS members now automatically receive access to a range of services from the Canadian Pharmacists' Association including:
- Significant discounts on continuing professional development;
- Complimentary print subscription (6 issues/year) and 24/7 online access to the Canadian Pharmacists Journal
- Access to Therapeutic Highlights CE opportunities;
- Access to research sources to help you in your practice and business;
- Exclusive access to practical practice tools and resources; and
- Access to a much broader array of discounted services (i.e. car rentals, fitness, etc.)
Influenza Immunization Program Reminders
An email was sent out to PAS members on October 31, 2018, reminding them about off-site immunizations and the influenza immunizations fees.More
New One-year Agreement
The provincial government and the Pharmacy Association of Saskatchewan (PAS) have reached a new one-year agreement.More
2018-2019 Influenza Immunization Program
PAS has created a host of support documents once again as pharmacists prepare for the upcoming 2018-2019 Saskatchewan Influenza Immunization Program that will begin Oct 22, 2108, including information for injecting patients age 5-8 and patients living inMore
Update on the EpiPen® Shortage
There is a recent update from Pfizer Canada on EpiPen® and EpiPen Jr® auto-injectors.More