Belonging to PAS is important because….
PAS is your professional advocacy body, protecting the interests of pharmacists in Saskatchewan. PAS aspires to become the united voice for all pharmacists in Saskatchewan, and pledges to provide members with exceptional service including provision of the appropriate level of malpractice insurance based on defined and expanding roles in pharmacy; negotiation of contracts and fair payment for the services pharmacists provide; direct to pharmacist and/or family member counseling services; and timely answers to member questions and issues.
As a member, you will enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- $2,000,000 Professional Liability Malpractice Insurance (optional additional liability available).
- Access to other quality insurance products including Life, Long-term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental and Extended Health Benefits Insurance, Auto as well as Homeowner and Commercial Store Insurance.
- Direct to pharmacist and/or family Members Assistance Program (Counselling) which provides five hours or $500.00, whichever comes first, of free confidential private counseling.
- Communication of vital issues through the PAS It On Bulletin.
- Membership meetings with relevant agendas on pertinent topics.
- Reduced rates on conferences and professional development sessions.
- One-on-one assistance and advice from staff on professional and financial issues
- Involvement in the evolution of your profession.
- Access to the Members' Only Area content
- Professional Practice Development and Support
- Reduced advertising rates for website
Once logged in, members have access to all content of the PAS website (which is otherwise inaccessible) for relevant and comprehensive practice support and assistance.
Also, PAS members now automatically receive access to a range of services from the Canadian Pharmacists' Association including:
- Significant discounts on continuing professional development;
- Complimentary print subscription (6 issues/year) and 24/7 online access to the Canadian Pharmacists Journal
- Access to Therapeutic Highlights CE opportunities;
- Access to research sources to help you in your practice and business;
- Exclusive access to practical practice tools and resources; and
- Access to a much broader array of discounted services (i.e. car rentals, fitness, etc.)
2017-2018 Saskatchewan Pharmacy Letter
The Drug Plan and Extended Benefits Branch are registering pharmacies that plan to participate in the Province's 2017-2018 Seasonal Influenza Program.More
Updated SMAP Forms and Education
The Ministry of Health will be changing mandatory documentation requirements for the Saskatchewan Medication Assessment Program (SMAP) September 1, 2017.More
CPhA Releases New Study on Pharmacy Services
Expanding pharmacy services would translate to direct cost savings for governments and prevent chronic disease and premature deaths.More
Pharmacists care for hypertension would save Saskatchewan $423 million
A pharmacists care for patients with hypertension provides better outcomes for the patient and health care system.More