PAS is the professional advocacy body that represents and protects the interests of all Saskatchewan pharmacists. PAS provides members with a wide range of professional and personal benefits. Pharmacists' role and value within the healthcare team is promoted through the united voice that PAS gives all Saskatchewan pharmacists.
Belonging to PAS is important because….
PAS is your professional advocacy body, protecting the interests of pharmacists in Saskatchewan. PAS aspires to become the united voice for all pharmacists in Saskatchewan, and pledges to provide members with exceptional service including provision of the appropriate level of malpractice insurance based on defined and expanding roles in pharmacy; negotiation of contracts and fair payment for the services pharmacists provide; direct to pharmacist and/or family member counseling services; and timely answers to member questions and issues.
As a member, you will enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- $2,000,000 Professional Liability Malpractice Insurance (optional additional liability available).
- Access to other quality insurance products including Life, Long-term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental and Extended Health Benefits Insurance, Auto as well as Homeowner and Commercial Store Insurance.
- Direct to pharmacist and/or family Members Assistance Program (Counselling) which provides five hours or $500.00, whichever comes first, of free confidential private counseling.
- Communication of vital issues through the PAS It On Bulletin.
- Membership meetings with relevant agendas on pertinent topics.
- Reduced rates on conferences and professional development sessions.
- One-on-one assistance and advice from staff on professional and financial issues
- Involvement in the evolution of your profession.
- Access to the Members' Only Area content
- Professional Practice Development and Support
- Reduced advertising rates for website
Once logged in, members have access to all content of the PAS website (which is otherwise inaccessible) for relevant and comprehensive practice support and assistance.
Also, PAS members now automatically receive access to a range of services from the Canadian Pharmacists' Association including:
- Significant discounts on continuing professional development;
- Complimentary print subscription (6 issues/year) and 24/7 online access to the Canadian Pharmacists Journal
- Access to Therapeutic Highlights CE opportunities;
- Access to research sources to help you in your practice and business;
- Exclusive access to practical practice tools and resources; and
- Access to a much broader array of discounted services (i.e. car rentals, fitness, etc.)
Joint CPhA/APhA Statement - Drug Importation Policy
The American Pharmacists Association (APhA) and the Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) have issued a joint statement opposing U.S. federal legislation authorizing personal and commercial importation of prescription drugs from Canada.More
Call for Nominations - 2019/2020 PAS Board of Directors
Nominations are open for PAS 2019/2020 Board of Directors Election. Deadline for nomination submission is February 11th. The 2019 elections will take place on March 13, 2019.More
Smoking Cessation - New Prescribing Authority
The Pharmacy Association of Saskatchewan (PAS) is pleased to announce pharmacists can now prescribe medications to help residents quit smoking.More
CPhA Pay for Performance Statement and Principles
In recent years, public and private payers have started to explore options geared toward outcomes-based reimbursement models. Pay for performance is one such model that has been introduced in other jurisdictions and most recently, in the Canadian communMore