Disclaimer: All events that are posted on the PAS website will be pharmacy or healthcare related. The purpose of the events posted is to inform PAS members of the professional and personal development opportunities available to them. Events posted on the website are not an endorsement of any organization, product or therapy.
18th Annual Western Cardiovascular Fall Symposium
The symposium takes place on October 4-5th, 2019 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Regina.
There is a non-refundable registration fee of $125 for pharmacists and $75 for students.
Accreditation is pending with CPDPP.
Building Recovery Capital in Canada Conference
- Occupational addiction medicine
- What the employer needs to know
- What the substance affected employee looks like
- The impaired worker – performance
- The disability experience
- How to speak to the employee
- Legislative concerns
- Employer and employee’s responsibilities
- Coherence analysis
- Diagnostic assessment
- Expert opinion for court or arbitration
- Limitations, restrictions, accommodations, etc
- Challenges of prescription medication
- Recreational drug use in Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
- Overview of Recovery Capital
- Compare and contrast DSM and Recovery Capital
- How to introduce Recovery Capital to a workplace
- Understanding Psychological Hazards
- An interactive dialogue
- Protect your resilience- what every leader needs to know
Online Training for Minor Ailments
Are you ready to prescribe for these when your patients ask?
CPDPP has developed online training courses for all the new minor ailment/self-care conditions:
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Women’s Health (Hormonal Contraception/Emergency Contraception/Medical Abortion)
2019‐2020 Seasonal Influenza Immunization Program Participation
The Drug Plan and Extended Benefits Branch (DPEBB) is registering pharmacies that plan to participate in the Province’s 2019‐2020 Seasonal Influenza Immunization Program (the Program).More
Florinef Shortage Update
The Florinef shortage information is posted on behalf of medSask.More
Recently the Drug Plan and Extended Benefits Branch (DPEBB) sent out a communication about the SMAP audit done in February 2019. PAS wanted to follow up with some “quick tips” to assist with building on the improvement observed from previous audits.More
Congratulations Mike Stuber, Canadian Pharmacist of the Year!
Saskatchewan pharmacist, Mike Stuber, who specializes in HIV treatment and prevention is named the 2019 Canadian Pharmacist of the Year by CPhA.More