Disclaimer: All events that are posted on the PAS website will be pharmacy or healthcare related. The purpose of the events posted is to inform PAS members of the professional and personal development opportunities available to them. Events posted on the website are not an endorsement of any organization, product or therapy.
Building Recovery Capital in Canada Conference
- Occupational addiction medicine
- What the employer needs to know
- What the substance affected employee looks like
- The impaired worker – performance
- The disability experience
- How to speak to the employee
- Legislative concerns
- Employer and employee’s responsibilities
- Coherence analysis
- Diagnostic assessment
- Expert opinion for court or arbitration
- Limitations, restrictions, accommodations, etc
- Challenges of prescription medication
- Recreational drug use in Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
- Overview of Recovery Capital
- Compare and contrast DSM and Recovery Capital
- How to introduce Recovery Capital to a workplace
- Understanding Psychological Hazards
- An interactive dialogue
- Protect your resilience- what every leader needs to know
Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome (PANS) Priarie Conference
University of Saskatchewan Health Sciences - 107 Wiggins Rd
May 30-31st, Saskatoon, SK
Early bird pricing until March 15th.
To register online: PRAIRIEPANS.ORG or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, see the brochure.
Health Sciences Continuing Education Group (UofS)
- Date: Saturday, May 11, 2019
- Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Venue: Education Building, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
- Early Bird Registration Fees (until March 31, 2019):
- Healthcare Professionals : $200 + GST
- Students/Residents: $125 + GST
Getting to the Heart of the Matter presented by Diabetes Canada South Sask Chapter
The Diabetes Canada Professional Section (South Sask Chapter) is hosting a health professional education event “Getting to the Heart of the Matter” in Regina on May 10th, 2019.
Where: The RCMP Heritage Centre from 8:30 am-4:15 pm (registration at 8:00 am).
Dr. Andrea Lavoie will be speaking on diabetes and cardiovascular disease and Joe Solowiejczyk is speaking on diabetes distress.
Please see the attached brochure for registration and program information.
Early bird registration deadline is Thursday, April 18th
For more information contact Colleen Hollinger @ 306-697-4007 or via email: Colleen.Hollinger@saskhealthauthority.ca
Pharmacy education credits are pending application approval.
Online Training for New Minor Ailments
Are you ready to prescribe for these when your patients ask?
CPDPP has developed online training courses for all the new minor ailment/self-care conditions:
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Women’s Health (Hormonal Contraception/Emergency Contraception/Medical Abortion)
The 2019 PAS Membership and Malpractice Renewal is now open. PAS sent out an email last week to members on how they can renew their PAS membership.More
An Aging Population, Health care and the Role of Pharmacists in Saskatchewan with a National Comparison
The Pharmacy Association of Saskatchewan, in partnership with CPhA, commissions yearly public opinion surveys on public perceptions and attitudes towards pharmacists in Saskatchewan and across Canada.More
Update on EpiPen® Availability
There is a recent update from Pfizer Canada on EpiPen® and EpiPen Jr® auto-injectors.More
Joint CPhA/APhA Statement - Drug Importation Policy
The American Pharmacists Association (APhA) and the Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) have issued a joint statement opposing U.S. federal legislation authorizing personal and commercial importation of prescription drugs from Canada.More